cff

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Sculpture Deformer Experiments

There was one sculpture that I didn't want to lose from the next batch of tests because it had the Futurist sounds, shape and movement but on paper it didn't seem real world enough, looking like it wasn't stable and would fall over. So after blocking in a base shape I had a play with deformers to change it a bit. The results were definitely more realistic sculptures which could be on the large or small scale. I particularly liked number 5 which follows those spiral wind spinner illusions you get but because I don't want it to be the same as what already exists I thought about how the spinning movement could impact something else. My drawing on top of it represents balls swinging around which could hit ceramics and making a nice ringing noise.




Numbers 3 and 4 could even be joined up to make one big changing scale ballcoaster!

1 comment:

Paul Lavey said...

Hi Emma, this project looks like it is shaping up nicely. :) Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply re: the dolly equipment, I've only just seen your comment. I'm up for splitting the cost with you if you are? I'd love to have a chat about how you are going to film your scenes and motion track etc. I'm in tomorrow afternoon so hopefully catch up then?