cff

Monday 3 February 2014

Dynamics: Plant Instancing Tests

One of the questions I needed  to answer was how to limit the amount of objects in my renders. I've been testing this out with some dynamics by instancing 3 versions of the same plant.

The first render took 5mins 56secs but this is still a lot better than it would have been if I had individually duplicated each plant.

I lowered down the rate of particles as a lot of the plants were beginning to cross over each other making a horrible green brown colour. This render took 2mins 28secs which is a lot better than the first one.

I really wanted to get rid of the crossing over of some of the plants but it seemed no matter what I did it still occurred to some of them. It is a little better but I have had to lower the rate of particles again.

No comments: