cff

Thursday 14 November 2013

Flower Silhouette Thumbnails

So here I go with getting my Futurist flowers down on paper! I'm starting off with some silhouettes which I have formed by drawing out shapes on coloured paper then cutting them out and arranging them. Then using levels to take them to black in photoshop so that I can see the forms I have made easily.
For this set of thumbnails I focused on the Futurists' love for ellipses. Most of the shapes I made are variations on ellipses from stretched thin ones to fat rounder ones. I also made shapes based on ellipses like the 'bean shape'. These were made up by thinking about what an ellipse turned into if it was bent about.
I also focused on one type of flower form which is the solitary flower. I'm pretty happy to get 15 silhouettes of possible Futurist flowers from only ellipses and solitary flowers.

2 comments:

Alan Postings said...

tom_beg@hotmail.com

Ask him about his 'maya experiments' with vertices... ?!

tutorphil said...

Roll up! Roll up!

http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/roll-up-roll-up-buy-your-tickets-now.html

:)