cff

Sunday 10 February 2013

Phileas Fogg Stand Floor Plans

With the inclusion of a switchback railway as part of my Phileas Fogg stand I needed to work out how it would fit around the main stand area so I sketched out some floor plan variations which I will then take onto using next with working out the vertical plan for the stand.

I think so far the ones that work the best are #2, #4 and perhaps #1. I think these are the most successful because the way the switchback railway is designed it encloses the stand to create sensible stand base area to display things. It also introduces spectators to the stand nicely with them having to go underneath it no matter what direction they come from. I'm not sure what it is about the other stand sketches that doesn't work as well but I think something in them obstructs spectators exploring the stand better.

 


No comments: