cff

Monday 18 February 2013

Maya Girder Experiments

The standing structure of my Phineas Fogg stand was a bit of a problem because it didn't look strong enough to support a giant globe at the top as well as stable and safe enough for people to go up. Phil suggested I look at Victorian ironwork a lot more to help make the structure seem more real-life. I decided to model some girders in maya to help me understand their structure and then play around with placing them beneath a sphere which acted as the globe structure.
The first lot of girders didnt really work very well as two sides were not see through and so obstructed your view.
So I then modeled another one which is more 'transparent' and am going to experiment with this.

I also need to make the girder much much longer to really show the scale of the stand!!
 


No comments: