cff

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Character Design: CD Artwork

When it came to creating a design for my CD I really wanted it to embody the 1960s influence and theme of my work. I wanted it to be bold so I looked at 1960s art work especially more graphical pieces and film posters. I loved the use of silhouetting but decided it didn't all have to be about black silhouettes so I brought back in some of those bright funky colours the 1960s is known for.

I also finally decided on a title for all my character design to come under. 'Interplanetary Lyra'. I did a bit of research into 1960s titles for sci-fi and spy films and noticed they were normally quite short and sweet like 'The Avengers', 'I Spy' and 'Get Smart'. Some of them also had a bit of mystery to them such as 'Mission: Impossible' and 'Danger Man' so I tried to combine both for my title.



No comments: