cff

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Character Design: Week 1 Exercise

Yesterday's character design lesson was full of very interesting, strange and umm...ok moments when it came to the drawing exercise Justin gave us. We were given two qualities for a character to interpret and draw however we felt was right. It was at first very scary not knowing how to start but once we got going it was a lot of fun.

For the sketch below I got the qualities of: Mutant & Ninja. I didn't want to slip too near to the Mutant Ninja Turtles so firstly I wrote down things that made a ninja such as their costume and how they move. I then decided that for my character to be mutant but be an appropriate ninja they needed multiple sword baring limbs.

Also a recent trip to London Zoo came to mind where I saw a giraffe attempt to do what looked like the splits. I thought that this would be pretty cool to use as the basis of my mutant ninja character especially as giraffes move very gracefully with long stretching strides, something I picture a ninja also doing.

Photobucket 

No comments: