cff

Saturday 25 February 2012

Characters: Tom head development & Expression Sheet

My final expression sheet for young Tom! He proved to be a tricky one to be happy with, trying to get him to resemble old Thomas but look high fantasy like Captain Deleo as contrast is a big element to my story. The boring dullness of Thomas' life about to be made even duller but then bam! into a world where pirate duelling takes place and the inhabitants are ever more extravagent and dramatic. So I asked myself, how can Tom be high fantasy but still Thomas. I took reference of the eyes, his face and the hair line (which isn't as visible now that he has that wild hair) and gave them child personality, so the bigger eyes, rounder and pinker face, smaller ears and then added the fantasy on top.





No comments: